I am a tenure-track Assistant Professor at the Knight Foundation School of Computing and Information Sciences, Florida International University, leading a research group on machine learning and artificial intelligence. Before joining FIU, I was an Applied Scientist at Amazon Web Services from 2018–2021, a postdoc at Cambridge University from 2016–2018 and at the National University of Singapore from 2015–2016. I received Bachelor and PhD degrees in Computer Science from the National University of Singapore in 2010 and 2015 respectively. I regularly serves as a reviewer for top-tier conferences and journals such as NeurIPS, ICML, JMLR, and TPAMI. I was a senior program committee member for AAAI 2022 and an area chair for ECCV 2022.
- CAP 5602 - Introduction to Artificial Intelligence (Fall 2021, 2022)
- CAP 5610 - Introduction to Machine Learning (Spring 2022)
- Cuong V. Nguyen, Lam Si Tung Ho, Huan Xu, Vu Dinh, Binh T. Nguyen. Bayesian active learning with abstention feedbacks. Neurocomputing, 2022.
- Cuong V. Nguyen, Tal Hassner, Cedric Archambeau, Matthias Seeger. LEEP: A New Measure to Evaluate Transferability of Learned Representations. ICML 2020.
- Anh T. Tran, Cuong V. Nguyen, Tal Hassner. Transferability and Hardness of Supervised Classification Tasks. ICCV 2019.
- Cuong V. Nguyen, Yingzhen Li, Thang D. Bui, Richard E. Turner. Variational Continual Learning. ICLR 2018.
- Thang D. Bui, Cuong V. Nguyen, Richard E. Turner. Streaming Sparse Gaussian Process Approximations. NeurIPS 2017.