I am a tenure-track Assistant Professor at the Knight Foundation School of Computing and Information Sciences, Florida International University. Before joining FIU, I was an Applied Scientist at Amazon Web Services from 2018–2021, a postdoc at Cambridge University from 2016–2018 (working with Richard Turner), and a postdoc at the National University of Singapore from 2015–2016 (working with Huan Xu). I received Bachelor and PhD degrees in Computer Science from the National University of Singapore in 2010 and 2015 respectively. My PhD thesis advisor was Wee Sun Lee.
My research interests are machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- (Aug 2021) I will serve as a Senior Program Committee Member for AAAI-22.
- (Aug 2021) I have joined the Knight Foundation School of Computing and Information Sciences, Florida International University as a tenure-track assistant professor.
- (May 2021) New paper on ML for finance accepted to DDS-BDAF 2021.
- (Nov 2020) New patent issued.
- (Jul 2020) LEEP paper on transferability published at ICML 2020.